Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Good News! Mayor MacPherson Steps Up!

From what I understand at this very moment Mayor MacPherson is personally walking a deal through the City Attorney's office that will enable Key West to keep Waterfront Market.

Buco Pantelis just contacted me, and his lawyer tells him the deal is good. He has asked for us to stand down. As our objective is to keep Waterfront Market, rather than possibly impede the progress of a good deal, in a show of good faith, we are postponing the Gather-Round scheduled for 3 PM atWaterfront Market tomorrow. If the deal goes through, Mayor MacPherson is a hero. If not, we will have the biggest general assembly imaginable on Tuesday at 3 Pm. Stay tuned.

Make no mistake, this is the moment where Mayor MacPherson shows whether indeed he has the right stuff to be our Island mayor. But from all what Buco has told me personally just moments ago, it looks good.

It is too early to tell yet as there have been no signatures signed - no ink drying yet - but from all indications Mayor MacPherson is doing the miraculous and stepping up to take personal responsibility in seeing that Key West keeps Waterfront Market.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You spelled the mayor's name wrong...it's McPherson. Since your blog intends to inform readers about the issue, you should link to other points of view (ie. city manager's letter, Citizen's 9/13 editorial) to give both sides of a story.

richardw said...

Way to go, Mike! I hope this works out for Waterfront. I wish we could get Mayor McPherson to step in and call the city dogs off Blue Heaven. Maybe Richard needs to get you to organize a mass movement to get his seats back. Hope to see you this fall. Richard Sr.

Cayo Dave said...

Excellent job Sea Grass Roots!!
And I thought I was the only one blogging about it. You, my friend, have done an outstanding job.
So long as the Bight Board approves the transfer of the Waterfront Market to new owners, a deal looks all but done and the Waterfront Market will (and should) remain open.

Janet said...

Looks like McPherson's financial backers have succeeded in handing him re-election on a silver platter. Don't get me wrong. I was in tears when I read that Waterfront Market was closing. I thought the lease had already been signed. It's wonderful news that the store will remain open, however I suspect there is a lot more going on here than meets the eye. Timing is everything, isn't it? Oh, wait! There's also location, location, location.